||<100nm (Can be Customized)
Yttrium Nanopowder / Nanoparticles Applications
- Displays: Due to its property as a red light-emitting material, yttrium nanoparticles are used in a wide array of televisions, plasma screens, and general flat panel displays to produce the color red.
- Material production: Yttrium nanoparticles are used to produce a variety of advanced materials, most notably yttrium iron garnets and other yttrium compounds.
- Inorganic synthesis: Many compounds produced through inorganic synthesis begin with yttrium nanoparticles as the starting point; others use the substance in the process in other ways, such as a catalyst.
- Lighting; The red light emission of yttrium nanoparticles isn’t used solely in display technology. Many fluorescent lamps also use the material for similar reasons.
- UV protection: When added to coatings, yttrium offers protection against UV radiation that can withstand high temperatures and other sources of wear. This application is seen across paints, plastics, and various other compound materials.
- Magnets: Certain forms of the permanent magnet are produced using the properties of yttrium nanoparticles.
- Sensors: Certain sensors used in x-ray machines and x-ray devices are based around the unique reactivity of yttrium nanoparticles.
- Metallurgy: Like many nanoparticles, yttrium nanopowder has seen extensive research and application in the metallurgy industry, where it is used as an additive for steel, iron, and various alloys.